You can’t prevent aging but you can prevent wrinkles!
As you age, your skin keeps on losing its elasticity. It gets thinner and drier, in short, it becomes prone to all sorts of damages including wrinkles. Topical creams claiming to reduce wrinkles are not lying but they can show only a little improvement in your skin quality. This is because they can affect only the surface of your skin. Your skin depends largely on what it gets from within. A healthy diet may go a long way to improve your skin’s health and to prevent wrinkles. If you have already got a lots of wrinkles then you must look for anti-aging foods that fight wrinkles, else, have those foods that prevent wrinkles. In fact, there are some foods that reduce as well as prevent wrinkles.
Here is a list of foods that prevent wrinkles to keep you looking young!
Blueberries prevent wrinkles! A fruit that tastes sweet and yields sweet results too. This high quality anti-oxidant fruit is actually one of the top anti-aging fruits Because it not only prevents wrinkles but also keeps you protected from other physical and mental effects of aging.
Why eat blueberries to prevent wrinkles?
- They are rich in antioxidants that help fight off the free radicals responsible for diseases and aging related problems like wrinkles and memory loss.
- Blueberries have highest amount of antioxidants when compared to all other berries like strawberries and blackberries.
- The Anthocyanin in blueberries have excellent anti-inflammatory properties. Inflammation is one of the major causes of wrinkles and sagging skin. It is this anthocyanin that gives blueberries its purple color.
- Blueberries have various components like tannins, flavonoids, iron, manganese, Vitamin C and E, antioxidants and phytochemicals. All these are good nutrients for a healthy skin that help prevent wrinkles.
Experts have accepted blueberries as one of the top anti-aging foods. So, include blueberries in your daily diet to prevent wrinkles and keep your skin look younger.
Fish is kind of a super food which is healthy for your body and for your skin. They keep you protected from diseases, provide you with essential nutrients and taste great at the same time. Of all the fish, salmon is one that’s the best for your skin. So, eat salmon but before you start eating this fish, know how salmon helps you prevent wrinkles.
Why eat salmon to prevent wrinkles?
- It is high in protein. Protein is required to repair our cells.
- It has omega-3 oil, the essential fatty acid that has excellent anti-inflammatory properties to keep your mental health intact. Omega 3 fatty acids not only boost your immune system and help prevent infections as well as cancer, but it also nourishes your skin.
- DMAE is present in salmon and when eaten in larger amounts, it is capable of increasing your muscle tone. This helps you get rid of sagging skin and a toned skin is always a wrinkle free skin.
While salmon is the best bet, you can include other fatty fish such as tuna and sardines in your diet to prevent wrinkles.
Oysters are super-foods to prevent wrinkles due to the loads of nutrients they contain. Most important of all these is the zinc that gives you a super-young wrinkle free skin.
Why eat oysters to prevent wrinkles?
- They are high in zinc which repairs your skin by creating collagen. Collagen helps save you from sagging skin and wrinkles.
- They have antioxidant that fight off the bad free radicals.
- Their nutrients protect your skin at cellular level.
You can have oysters regularly to keep your skin wrinkle free with the help of zinc in it. Other foods having high amounts of zinc include beans, nuts, seafood like crabs and lobsters, and whole grains etc.
Spinach and Kale
All types of leafy green vegetables prevent wrinkles. They are rich in nutrients and fiber and their antioxidants protect your skin.
Why have leafy greens to prevent wrinkles?
- Spinach has Vitamins A and C, beta carotene, and lutein. Vitamins A and C are excellent anti-oxidants that fight off the free radicals and prevent formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Beta-carotene and lutein in spinach moisturize your skin and enhance its elasticity. A well hydrated skin doesn’t get wrinkles easily.
- Spinach has Coenzyme Q10 or CoQ10 having strong antioxidant properties. CoQ10 also boosts the antioxidant effects of vitamins C and E, the two best vitamins to prevent wrinkles.
- Kale is high in carotenoids and flavonoids, beta carotene, vitamin K and C, lutein and copper.
Vitamin C in kale helps make collagen required for skin strength. Antioxidant function of vitamin C gives natural protection from the sun, thus preventing wrinkles.
- Copper increases the synthesis of melanin which is a pigment responsible for saving your skin from the sun. It also helps make collagen.
- Vitamin A in kale, and spinach also, promotes the growth of healthy cells, including those of your skin. It thus, reinforces skin tissues to give you a toned skin.
- Other leafy greens like Swiss chard and lettuce have more or less similar properties that make your skin healthy and wrinkle-free.
Not only do the green vegetables make you healthy from within but also help in oxygenation of skin to prevent premature aging of cells.
Nuts in general are considered superfoods for skin health. In fact, they are good for brain health as well as for your heart health. Almonds, especially, are great for your skin when you seek youthful skin without wrinkles.
Why eat almonds to prevent wrinkles?
- Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E. The fat-soluble vitamin E promotes elasticity of skin by nourishing it from within.
- They have anti-inflammatory properties that help prevent inflammation which is the major cause of sagging skin and wrinkles.
- The emollient properties of almonds keep moisture trapped within the skin. This helps your skin stay hydrated and avoid forming wrinkles.
Just soak 6-8 almonds overnight and have them in the morning to get all the benefits of almonds including its wrinkle prevention property. You may also use almond oil on your skin to keep it supple, soft and wrinkle-free.
Walnuts are yet another type of nuts that are beneficial for your skin’s health. They are rich in omega-3 fatty acids accepted by all experts as the best thing to have due to its anti-inflammatory effects.
Why eat walnuts to prevent wrinkles?
- Walnuts contain plant-based omega-3 fatty acids, the alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), which has anti-inflammatory properties and can be seen on the ingredients’ label of many anti-aging-creams.
- They have many unique and powerful antioxidants like quinone juglone, the tannin tellimagrandin, and the flavonol morin. They combat free radicals effectively.
- Polyphenols found in walnuts have the best efficacy among the nuts. This makes walnuts one of the best anti-inflammatory agents.
- They also have copper, manganese, molybdenum, and biotin, all good for your health and skin.
Kiwi fruit, rich in vitamin C and E, potassium, dietary fiber and magnesium has been applauded as the food that prevents cancer, eye diseases and various allergies. The black seeds of kiwi contain fatty acid omega-3 oils that slow down the aging process. They also prevent wrinkles and thus kiwi is considered to be one of the best anti-aging foods.
Why eat kiwi to prevent wrinkles
- Vitamin C in kiwi stimulates collagen and thus provides better support to your skin. Vitamin C generally reduces puffiness in skin and keeps it replenished with moisture. This helps your skin stay supple and wrinkle free.
- Kiwi fruits helps improve blood circulation due to its vitamin E, omega-3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Better blood flow ensures that better nutrition reaches all your cells including skin cells. This helps keep your skin youthful sans wrinkles.
- Many studies found out that eating kiwi fruit significantly improves sleep quality in adults who face sleep problems. Adequate sleep is a per-requisite for a good skin and thus kiwi indirectly helps keep your skin younger.
A carrot a day can keep your wrinkles away. Red color of a vegetable is the sign of its richness in vitamins A and E. These vitamins work wonderfully against wrinkles, brown spots and roughness of skin. Carrots also have flavonoids that help keep your skin moisturized and heal it from within.
Why eat carrots to prevent wrinkles?
- Vitamin A and other antioxidants in carrots protect your skin from sun damage and in turn from premature aging. Vitamin A also prevents premature wrinkling and dry skin as well as pigmentation, blemishes, and uneven skin tone.
- Carrots are rich in beta-carotene that are powerful antioxidants. These antioxidants repair cell damage done by regular metabolism. In short, it slows down the aging process of your body cells. This means late arrival of wrinkles on your skin.
- Vitamin C in carrots also helps in collagen production and thus improves skin elasticity.
Citrus fruits like orange and grapefruit, are high in vitamin C, the vitamin that has been accepted as one of the best antioxidants to prevent wrinkles. Many researches have established links between low consumption of vitamin C and prevalence of wrinkles and dry skin.
Why eat citrus fruits to prevent wrinkles?
- Citrus fruits are rich source of vitamin C. This Vitamin is one of the most important vitamins to prevent wrinkles.
- Vitamin C supports collagen production.
- This vitamin protects your skin from the damage caused by UV radiation.
- It also helps reduce pigmentation and inflammation of skin.
To get the best anti-wrinkle effects of vitamin C, you should combine citrus fruits with such foods that are rich in vitamin E because these two vitamins protect each other and prove to be more effective when consumed together.
Onions are high in quercetin, the bioflavonoid particularly effective in scavenging free radicals. Elimination of free radicals is one of the foremost pre-requisites to prevent wrinkles.
Why eat onions to prevent wrinkles?
- Quercetin bioflavonoid is present in onions in high concentrations. It eliminates free radicals and thus prevents wrinkle formation.
- Onions are rich in vitamin C and sulfur, both of which protect your skin and keep it supple and smooth.
These were the top 10 foods to prevent wrinkles and keep you looking young. Just add them to your regular diet and see your skin gaining youthful permanence.