Collagen is primarily an insoluble protein which accounts for one third of the protein content in our bodies. It is a complex protein which is composed of various types of amino acids out of which the most common ones are glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline. It is beneficial for our skin; hence it has made its way into a lot of beauty products these days. The amino acids that are found in collagen are not present in muscle meats and that is why we do not get enough of these acids as part of our modern diets. So how to use collagen powder daily, to stay young and healthy?
We’ll come to that but first, know why to use collagen powder daily!
Benefits of Collagen
Here are some of the benefits of the amino acids present in collagen:
- Promotes stronger, healthier, and younger looking skin, nails, and hair
- Good for lubricating joints
- Promotes the elasticity of skin thereby reducing the signs of aging
- Improves digestion
- Acts as an extra source of protein
- Builds connective tissue
- Heals injuries
- Regulates the metabolism of the human body
- Reduces inflammation
- Supports hormonal balance in the body
Some of the Ways to Use Collagen Powder
- Collagen powder is essentially cold water soluble. However, you can use it in cold drinks such as smoothies as well as in hot drinks such as coffee, hot chocolate, or tea.
- Collagen is an easy source of extra protein. It is easily digested and so it is preferred by senior people. Instead of using protein powder, you can use it as an alternative source of protein.
- Collagen powder coagulates in cold liquids. So it can be used as a perfect ingredient to make homemade sour gummies. You can pop and enjoy these delicious sour candies and get an extra boost of collagen, protein, and vitamin C.
- While marshmallows are not considered to be typically healthy food, but you can prepare them by adding collagen powder and they will act as an anti aging agent for you.
- You can add collagen powder to your homemade bone broth and give that natural healthy kick to your soup.
- Another way of using collagen powder is to add them to your pan cake batter along with egg whites and you can get your healthy dose of protein in your breakfast.
- Fudge and health are not really complimentary. However, you can make your salted caramel fudge healthy with diet friendly ingredients such as coconut oil, unsweetened shredded coconut, and collagen powder.
- Matcha tea is becoming a favourite with a lot of individuals owing to its fat burning properties. It is used in a lot of desserts these days. You can mix collagen peptides to your matcha latte collagen bites and convert it to a healthier and satisfying option.
- Peanut butter and chocolate although yummy, are not really a healthy combination. However, you can combine them with collagen powder and cocoa to prepare healthy peanut butter chocolate collagen protein bars.
- Add collagen powder along with coconut and Japanese sweet potatoes and prepare yummy and healthy cookie dough.
That was quite a big list! You now know how to use collagen powder daily. So, add this miraculous anti aging ingredient in your daily diet. Eat collagen, stay young! However, do consult with your doctor before you begin using it, just as a caution and to know the exact amount of collagen that your body needs daily!