Wrinkles are something which is not liked by any one whether he or she is more of a beauty conscious person or not. The simple reason might be the fact that wrinkles do represent aging and no one wants to look older! Why do we have wrinkles after all and isn’t there any solution – easier one- to get rid of these fine lines? Of course, there are solutions to get rid of wrinkles without the expensive wrinkle treatments. These are the age old home remedies for wrinkles passed on to our generation by the older people. In ancient times when there were no professional wrinkle treatment options, people used the natural things to get rid of wrinkles. We use some of these remedies in their primitive form itself while others with refined forms such as the supplements and oil capsules that hold the natural treasure from things derived from nature. We will know about all the natural remedies for wrinkles but before that we must know the causes of wrinkles and why do we get wrinkles!
Why Wrinkles with Aging?
The wrinkles or the fine lines on face, under eyes, neck, around mouth and even on forehead are the result of our skin cells getting more slowly divided than they do in young age. The dermis or our inner skin layer too gets thin with age. Also, various skin proteins like elastin and collagen fibers get scarce with our age. This makes our skin less capable of retaining moisture. The oil secreting glands under the skin get less active. All these factors together make skin lesser elastic, dry and susceptible to harmful outer environment. This in turn leads to development of sagging skin and wrinkles. However, there are many ways to prevent wrinkles and if you develop a few, even then there are quite effective treatments for reducing wrinkles. Here we are going to get some anti wrinkles home remedies.
Natural Home Remedies for Wrinkles
These are very simple home remedies that can help anyone get rid of wrinkles and the ugly fine lines.
Oil Massage to Reduce Wrinkles
Massage is the best remedy to retain moisture in skin and when done with appropriate oil, it even makes up for the lost moisture. So, massage your face with almond oil or coconut oil, before going to bed. These oils not only reduce fine lines and wrinkles but also improve skin complexions. To reduce wrinkle under eyes, apply castor oil on the fine lines around the eyes.
Herbal Remedies for Wrinkles
Herbs are nature’s secrets to keep us in good health. One must find the right herb that does wonders. There are many herbs that can remove wrinkles too.
- The evergreen herb Aloe Vera is good for anti wrinkle treatment. Apply fresh Aloe Vera juice to your skin where you can see the fine lines.
- Use the other very useful herb- Turmeric. Make a paste of turmeric mixed with sugarcane juice. Rub on your face as this is one of the best remedies to get rid of wrinkles.
- Apply witch hazel in its water-based solution daily before you go to bed. You can easily find it as witch hazel extract. Leave it overnight and wash off in the morning. Witch hazel with its tannins helps to smooth out wrinkles by tightening skin.
- Extracts of rose and pomegranate also help in getting rid of wrinkles.
Fruits for Wrinkle Treatment
Fruits are the nature’s magic created to keep us young, refreshed and full with energy at any age! Eating them is the best way to get all these benefits. However, when talking about getting rid of wrinkles, you can always use fruits differently.
- Take green Thompson seedless grapes (sultana- the pale green grapes) and cut them roughly. Then gently crush these grapes to treat wrinkles on your face. You must leave the crushed grapes on face for about 20-25 minutes before washing it off.
- Take the core of pineapple and rub on face, leave it for about fifteen minutes before washing off. This can reduce fine wrinkles effectively. Alternatively, you can apply juice of green pineapples and apples on your face daily and leave for 15 minutes. You will get rid of fine wrinkles and even cracked skin if any.
- If you are worried about your forehead wrinkles, take a piece of raw papaya and banana each. Make a puree out of these and apply on your forehead skin. The papain in papaya will help grow newer skin cells and the vitamins rich banana will rejuvenate the dull skin apart from reducing wrinkles.
Other Home Remedies for Wrinkle Removal
Here are some other natural remedies to get rid of those ugly wrinkles
- Apply egg white around eyes to reduce wrinkles under eyes.
- To reduce wrinkles on neck, take one teaspoon of honey, one-fourth tsp of carrot juice, mix and apply it on face and neck.. After about half an hour, wash it off with lukewarm water. Regular application of this mixture can help get rid of wrinkles.
- To reduce wrinkles around mouth or lips, take a pinch of cinnamon powder and mix it with any of natural oils like coconut or jojoba oil. You can also mix it with Vitamin E oil got by puncturing a vitamin E capsule. Apply this mixture regularly around mouth and massage gently to get rid of wrinkles around your lips.
You might also want to learn the Facial Exercises to Reduce Wrinkles on Faceby