So, everyone loves to age better, without actually showing up or concealing the signs of aging. Well, a lot of factors influence how your skin ages. Your skin type naturally decides how your skin will age and also determines the type and depth of aging signs that manifest on your skin.
You have access to plenty of anti aging remedies, therapies, treatments and recommendations out there. But the key to prevent and reduce the appearance of aging signs is choosing the right ingredients that provide what your skin demands. Anti aging remedies for oily skin completely differ from other skin types.
It’s true that oily skin develops wrinkles much later than dry skin does. But, oily skin will also develop signs of aging, however, in a different way. Oily skin is prone to acne and most commonly have larger pores. This leads to deeper lines and deep wrinkles on oily skin. When you have large pores, your skin does not look smooth. So, the impact of aging signs on oily skin is either too mild or too deep! What does a mature oily skin looks like? See for yourself
- Aging oily skin is usually a dark skin and has uneven skin tone
- Greasiness increases the risk of breakout and scars on face
- The skin always remains dull
- Visible pores on skin
How to get rid of aging signs from oily skin? The simplest way is to use certain anti aging face packs meant just for oily skin! Let’s have a look at some simple and effective anti aging face packs for oily skin.
Anti Aging Face Packs with Honey for Oily Skin
(Use it as base pack to moisturize your Oily Skin)
Oily skin too needs moisturization. You say, oily skin is well hydrated, so why does it need a moisturizer (like honey in this face pack)? It is a very simple logic! Although oil and water are liquids, both are different. Hydration of skin by oil is different from hydrating skin with moisturizing elements. Moreover, because you use all those ingredients on your skin that strips it off the excess oil, your skin actually gets dehydrated. You need a water based or gel based moisturizer if going for commercial products. But because we’ll be using natural ingredients, honey is what is apt for your oily skin. Honey is the universal ingredient that suits well with all skin types. You can make a number of anti aging face packs for oily skin using honey as one of the key ingredients. Following are a few effective face packs for oily skin using honey.
1. Honey and Yogurt Face Pack
Cleanse, hydrates and removes tan to make your oily aging skin bright
Yogurt is rich in probiotics, the healthy bacteria required by your body and skin. It contains high amount of Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Lactic Acid, known for shrinking the pores and exfoliation of skin. The creamy and soft texture of yogurt makes it very comfortable to apply on your face. Yogurt can control the excessive secretion of oil and stimulate production of collagen.
- 3 teaspoons yogurt (thicker and fattier- Use plain and non-flavored yogurt or sour curd.)
- 3 teaspoons honey
How to make it
- Mix yogurt and honey well so that honey is mixed with yogurt consistently
- Apply the pack on face and neck.
- This anti aging face pack will be slightly thicker and you can stay with the pack for about 30 to 45 minutes or longer as you desire.
- Wash the face with warm water.
2. Honey and Sugar Face Pack
An Exfoliating Face Pack for Oily Skin
Sugar is an excellent exfoliating agent which can remove the dead cells from skin in just no time at all. Mixing sugar and honey deep cleanses your oily skin as well removes the dead cells, which makes the thicker skin look soft, smooth and clear.
- 3 to 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 tsp sugar
How to make it
- Mix sugar in honey and blend it. (sugar doesn’t dissolve in honey)
- Apply honey and sugar mix on face and spread it evenly
- After applying, gently massage the face in circular motion using your fingers for a couple of minutes
- Let it stay on the skin for 15 minutes
- Wash with cold water
3. Lemon and Honey Face Pack
Oily Skin rejuvenation therapy at home
Lemon can do wonders on oily skin. Being one of the richest sources of vitamin C, if you have oily skin, you can just rely on lemon for most of the skin problems. You can get a complete skin rejuvenation therapy at home for a few pennies from the comfort of your home. You need not worry about using lemon regularly on skin. It absorbs the excessive oil, reduces the scars, improves the deep lines and wrinkles on your oily skin.
- 1 medium size lemon
- 2 to 3 teaspoons honey (you can increase the quantity proportionately based on your requirement)
How to make it
- Squeeze one lemon and extract the juice
- Add honey to the lemon juice and blend it
- Apply it on face and neck
- Let it dry for 15 minutes
Meanwhile, soak the lemon rind (the fruit from which you squeezed the juice) in a bit of warm water)
- Once the face pack is dried, rub the lemon rind (pulpy part) on your face and neck gently in circular motion.
- Let it dry for 5 minutes.
- Wash the face with cold water.
Precaution: When you use lemon face pack, you should avoid going out in day time to avoid sun exposure. While lemons can reduce sun tan and pigmentation, exposure to sun rays just after applying lemon can damage your skin by making it more photo-sensitive. best policy will be to apply lemon juice or any face pack using lemon juice in t he evening or at night.
Anti Aging Face Packs for Sun Damaged Oily Skin
Although the oil glands keep the skin moistened, oily skin people are prone to pigmentation and sun damages. They don’t develop fine lines but uneven skin tone on fore head and cheeks are visible.
4. Oat Meal and Buttermilk Face Pack
Exfoliates, Bids adieu to sun tan, uneven skin tone and pigmentation
Buttermilk is the best natural skin lightening ingredient. It contains lactic acid which controls the bacteria that causes acne. It is something essential if you have oily skin. Besides, it also enhances the skin complexion and improves the pigmented skin.
Oat meal is not just a scrub, which removes the dead skin cells, but it also contains silica and amino acids, the elements that balance the moisture content in the skin. It makes the best combination with buttermilk.
- 3 to 4 Tablespoons Oats (powder it)
- ½ cup butter milk (increase or reduce the quantity to get desired consistency)
How to make it:
- Grind oat and get its powder
- Add buttermilk into the oatmeal and blend it well
- The paste should be soft and fluffy without any coarseness or lumps
- Wash your face
- Apply the paste on face and neck evenly
- Leave it for 20 minutes or until it dries off
- Wash with lukewarm water.
5. Besan (Gram flour) and Tomatoes Face Pack
Very simple yet quite effective for aging oily skin
It’s a very simple remedy to draw out the impurities from skin, and protect the skin from sun damages.
Besan or the gram flour has been used for centuries in India as a major ingredient to improve the skin tone and texture. It is also one of the best home remedies for skin tightening which can make your skin firm effectively.
Tomatoes are the best natural sunscreen that can inhibit the effects of sun exposure on your skin and body, both internally and externally. Apply raw juice of tomatoes to brace your skin against damaging sun rays naturally with no side effects.
Tomatoes make the wonder ingredient for oily skin that has developed age spots and photo-damaged skin.
- 3 to 4 teaspoons Besan (gram) flour
- 1 or 2 ripe tomatoes
How to make it
- Remove the skin of tomatoes (fully ripe tomatoes are recommended)
- Juice it to get even consistency (there should be no lumps or coarseness)
- Add the juice gently to the besan flour.
- Blend it well and ensure that the consistency is smooth, even and fluffy (It shouldn’t be too thick or too runny)
- If the face pack appears runny, add some more gram flour
- If it appears too thick, add a few drops of water
- Apply it on face and neck, including under eye bags
It will dry out in 15 to 20 minutes. Remove it with warm water.
You can repeat it daily.
Skin Tightening Face Packs for Oily Skin
6. Red sandal wood and Indian Madder Face Pack
It provides Rasayana (Youthful Radiance) as per Ayurveda
There are a few ingredients that completely transform the look and feel of oily skin, you can see a miracle happening to your overall appearance when you use such ingredients.
Red Sandal (Raktachandana) is one of the popular Ayurvedic ingredients used to improve the tone, texture and appearance of the skin. Red sandalwood is proven remedy to cure allergies, scars, blemishes, acne and to improve the complexion of skin. It absorbs the excessive oil from skin and makes it soft and supple. Being a dry ingredient, it is best to use on oily skin.
Indian Madder (Manjistha) is one of the major ingredients used in Ayurvedic rejuvenation therapy. It suits all skin types. Combination of Indian Madder and red sandal literally can stop oily skin from aging.
Both red sandal powder and Indian madder are available in Ayurvedic shops or health stores having herbs etc. However, in this age of online shopping, no one should worry about how to get these natural ingredients!
- 3 teaspoon red sandal powder
- 1 teaspoon of Indian madder
- A few drops of lemon juice / milk / water / rosewater (to bind the powders) – desired quantity to get the consistency of a paste
How to make it
- Mix sandal powder and Indian madder together.
- Add the liquid of your choice gently to make a fine paste
- Before applying, wash your face with cold water (since both ingredients are dry, washing face with cold water, balances the skin)
- Apply the paste
- It will dry out in 5 to 10 minutes
- Remove it after drying and wash your face with cold water
If you don’t get Indian madder, you can replace it with sandalwood powder (pure and organic).
You can use it twice a week.
7. Neem, Turmeric and Rose Face Pack for Oily Skin
Antibacterial, cool and anti-inflammatory pack for aging oily skin
Neem! It can be crowned as the queen of herbs. Neem contains innumerable healing properties, from removing the scars and blemishes to purifying blood. Topical application of neem deeply penetrates into the skin, removes the impurities, controls excessive secretion of oil and enhances the complexion of skin. Not to mention that it is one of the nature’s best anti-bacterial agents that can keep acne and other problems of oily skin at bay!
Turmeric has been used for ages to soften the surface of skin and add natural glow to the skin. In olden days, women in India used dry rhizome of turmeric as skin rejuvenation remedy, almost every day. Dry rhizome of the turmeric is rubbed on skin to remove dead cells, improve the skin texture, remove hair etc. Turmeric contains anti allergic and anti inflammatory properties. Being a very dry ingredient, it makes the best product for oily skin.
Turmeric and neem goes hand in hand. Since neem is a strong ingredient with intense smell, adding fresh roses makes this anti aging face pack refreshing. Adding roses give a rosy glow to the skin too.
- Handful of neem leaves (pick fresh and young leaves and avoid using matured and baby leaves)
- 3 to 5 teaspoons of Turmeric rhizome or turmeric powder
- 10 to 20 fresh rose petals
- Rose water or water to bind the pack
- 2 cups water (to boil neem leaves)
How to make it
- If you use rhizome of turmeric, grind it on a stone to make a paste
- Wash the neem leaves and simmer it for 5 minutes in water. This eases grinding neem leaves into paste.
- Extract the water (you can use it as cleanser to wash the face) and grind the leaves
- Make it into a fine paste without any lumps
- Wash the rose petals and grind it separately
- Mix neem leaves paste and rose petals paste together
- Add rosewater (a few drops), turmeric paste / powder and blend it well
- The consistency of the face pack should be even and soft
- Wash the face with warm water (it opens the pores)
- Apply the paste on face and let it dry for 20 to 30 minutes
- Wash the face with running water.
Do this once a week or once in 10 days.
8. Red Sand Anti Aging Face Pack for Oily Skin
Defy your age
If you want to tighten the skin and make that thicker skin look subtle and light, use red sand face pack. Red sand contains a lot of minerals and micro nutrients that your skin require. It absorbs the oiliness from your skin and adds a natural glow to it. You can literally feel how your skin tightens immediately after trying this face pack. Red sand is also a cooling agent, which soothes rejuvenated skin and irritated eyes.
- 1 to 2 cups red sand
- 4-6 pieces of thin cloth / muslin cloth
How to use it
You cannot apply red sand on face like a face mask. When you apply it on face, it will dry quickly, which may damage the skin. So you need to use a thin cloth.
- Dip the cloth pieces in water.
- Spread red sand over the pieces of wet cloth and fold it. (Just like putting something in your hand kerchief and folding it)
- Let it stay for 5 minutes
- Sprinkle water on the cloth
- Now, apply each piece of wet cloth having red sand on forehead, cheeks, and eyes
Let it stay for 15 minutes. If you feel the cloth is getting warm, remove it. You can do this daily to rejuvenate your oily skin and delay aging signs.
9. Egg Whites and Tea-tree Oil Face Pack
Instant uplift with added radiance to oily skin
Applying egg whites on aging skin is a fool-proof anti aging remedy that reduces the appearance of the aging signs. Egg whites also instantly enhance the radiance of the skin, giving a natural glow. Since egg whites provide proteins and other nutrients to the skin, it lifts the saggy skin to make it firmer.
Adding a few drops of tea tree oil to egg whites make it more effective for oily skin. Tea tree oil kills the bacteria and keeps the skin free from acne.
- Egg whites from 2 or 3 eggs
- 3 to 5 drops of tea tree oil
How to make it
You can use the clear egg white directly on skin or whisk the egg whites and make it fluffy and apply on skin.
- Add tea tree oil to egg whites and blend it gently.
- Apply it on the facial skin, chin and neck and concentrate more on wrinkles and deep lines.
- Wash it with cold water after 20 minutes.
There are many people who hate the fishy smell of the raw egg whites. You can add any choice of essential oil in addition to tea tree oil to mask the unappealing odor.
10. Orange Peel Face Pack – Wholesome Skin Rejuvenation for Oily Skin
How many of you throw orange peels after juicing the fruit? Orange peel has more nutrients than the fruit itself. Orange peel has antimicrobial properties. It can lighten the skin tone and fade away the aging signs like dark spots and uneven skin tone. It also fights the free radicals that trigger aging signs and thus reduces the oxidative damages to the skin.
How to use orange peel
You can use orange peel in two ways.
- Raw peels grinded into paste with water
- Powdered peels
How to powder orange peel
- Collect the peel from 4 or 5 oranges
- Dry the orange peels in sunlight, but don’t let it get exposed to sunlight during mid noon.
- In 4 to 5 days, the skin will turn crisp and you can powder it in a mixer
- Store the powdered peel in an air-tight container and you can use it for 3 months
- 3 to 4 teaspoons orange peel powder / orange peel paste
- 2 teaspoon honey (to hydrate the skin)
- 2 teaspoon yogurt (to nourishes the skin and for removing dead cells)
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients together and blend properly
- Before applying, wash the face with cold water
- Apply the face pack and let it half-dry.
- Wash the skin with lukewarm water after 15 to 20 minutes.
So, don’t throw the orange peels!
Rejuvenating Anti Aging Face Packs for Oily Skin
11. Berry Blast Face Pack for Oily Skin
superb anti aging face pack for oily skin with anti-oxidant power
Berries are anti aging super fruits. They look beautiful and make you look even more beautiful. Packed with antioxidants and nutrients, berries reduce the impact of aging. It also controls the excess secretion of oil, giving fresh and glowing skin. Have the berry blast on your skin, make your skin look plump, radiant and firm.
You can use all types of berries. You can add banana to the berry blast face pack! Yes, banana also belongs to berry family. Mash a banana and add with berry mix. It will tighten the skin and make your skin look plump.
- 2 or 3 blackberries
- 2 or 3 strawberries
- 2 or 3 blueberries
- 5 cranberries
- 1 banana (optional)
- Lemon juice extracted from one lemon (optional)
(Totally, you can have about 10 to 12 berries to make the face pack)
How to make it
Make sure the berries are ripe
- Cut into four halves or roughly chop the berries to ease grinding
- Add all berries, add water and grind it
- Don’t make it too runny
- Take the berries paste and add lemon juice and blend it well
- Apply it on face. (Don’t lick, even though it won’t harm!)
- Let it stay for 20 to 30 minutes
- Wash your face before and after removing the mask with cold water.
12. Sandalwood and Rose Water Face Pack for Oily Skin
Fix the aged oily pigmented skin in no time
If you are looking for some quick fix to the dull, greasy and uneven skin, try this remedy to fix it in no time.
Sandalwood is the aromatic soothing ingredient with amazing cooling properties. It gives instant glow to your skin in a few minutes and forget about greasiness for a while. If you have minor wrinkles and fine lines, hide it with sandalwood face pack. Adding rose water cleanses your skin, draws out impurities and hydrates your skin well. Get the naturally radiant skin without any pigmentation just by using this face pack for your oily skin.
- 3 to 4 teaspoons sandalwood powder
- 2 teaspoons rosewater
How to make it
- Mix both ingredients together to form a soft paste
- Apply it on your face and neck
- Since sandalwood is thin, it will dry out very quickly and you can apply multiple coating
- Wash your face before and after applying the mask, with cold water
All-in-One Anti Aging Face Packs for Oily Skin
Following are a few anti aging face packs for oily skin that come with a lot of healing and skin rejuvenating properties. They use such ingredients that are all-rounders. They can address almost all issues related to an aging skin!
13. Coffee Face Pack for Oily Skin
Skin tightening, antioxidants, deep cleanse, Botox effect on skin tone and what else?
Are you a coffee lover? Do you start your day with a cup of coffee? Feed a bit of coffee to your skin too!! Coffee lovers (and non-lovers too!), why not make the most of it to de-age you?
Coffee is loaded with antioxidants. It reduces cellulite, deeply cleanses your skin, tightens your skin, erases the wrinkles, and improves skin texture, reduces inflammation, tan the skin and much more! More importantly, you can get rid of puffy eyes instantly, just by using coffee.
Well, coffee being a very dry ingredient (oily skin people are really blessed to enjoy this aromatic face pack), but need some hydrating carrier to blend. So, you can use coffee powder with honey or yogurt or even milk.
- 3 to 4 teaspoons coffee powder
- 2 teaspoons honey / milk / yogurt
How to make it
- Mix coffee powder with the liquid and a soft paste
- Wash your face with cold water
- Apply the coffee face pack on skin (face and neck) like scrub and let it dry for 10 to 15 minutes
- Now wash your face with warm water
14. Chocolate Face Pack for Oily Skin
Delicious face pack your skin will die for
Chocolate face pack exactly works like anti aging coffee face pack for oily skin. Just like how watering a dull plant makes it fresh, applying chocolate on skin feeds your skin with fullness, freshness and radiance. Chocolate makes an ideal ingredient to use on all skin types. Yet, it is more beneficial and more suited to oily skin due to its drying properties.
You can use organic cocoa powder or dark chocolate bars to make the chocolate face pack.
Method 1: Ingredient required
- 2 to 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons Yogurt
How to make it
- Mix both ingredients to get a tight paste
- Apply it on skin and let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes
Method 2: Ingredients required
- 50 grams dark chocolate bars
- ½ cup Milk
How to make it
Melt dark chocolate using double boiler (boil water in a bowl, place another vessel over the boiling water and melt the chocolate in it) Remember, chocolates become thick when it loses the heat.
- Once the chocolates are melted, remove from flame.
- Add hot milk to the melted chocolate. (Don’t make it too runny) Okay, this is not your hot chocolate milk, rather hot chocolate face pack
- Apply it on clean face and let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes
- Wash it with warm water
Alternatively, heat milk in a vessel, crush the chocolate and let it melt in milk. Remove from flame once the chocolate is fully melted and bind with milk.
15. Clay Face Pack -Anti Aging for Oily Skin
Witness a miraculous transformation on your oily skin
Fuller’s earth aka clay has been used for ages to nourish the skin. It is one of the rejuvenating skin therapies that was followed religiously in the ancient days. Clay pampers your skin with its amazing nutritional value. It is packed with minerals, antioxidants and biochemical components your skin needs. Being a form of sand, it absorbs the excess oil from your face. You can get rid dead skin cells, toxins and erase the fine lines, blemishes and spots with clay face pack. Go blindly to witness a miracle with clay face pack.
The commonly used clay face pack is fuller’s earth or Multani Mitti. You can also use red clay or green clay.
- 2 to 4 teaspoons clay (any choice you prefer)
- Water or rose water to make a paste
How to make it
- Mix both ingredients well to get a paste like consistency
- Your face pack is ready when you get soft and smooth texture.
- Apply it on face and neck.
Clay mask can quickly dry even on the skin that has oil. So, be careful when you apply this to skin. Don’t just have a thin layer of this face pack. Make it somewhat thick.
- In 5 to 10 minutes, you will feel the skin is tightening.
- Spray a bit of water on your face.
- Let it dry again for 5 or 10 minutes.
- Once you feel your skin is tightening and you are a bit uncomfortable, remove it.
- To remove it, put a wet cloth on your face and the mask will absorb the water, It will soften down.
- Gently wipe the clay with the cloth
- Wash the skin with running water
- If required, apply almond oil or jojoba oil after 20 minutes to hydrate the skin
You can try these remedies twice a week.
A few tips to consider when using anti aging face packs for oily skin
- When you apply thick face packs, you can use a brush to apply it to face and neck evenly. However, in most cases, your hand makes the best brush to put the face packs properly on skin.
- Don’t ignore neck.
- Add multiple layers of face pack to the specific areas that need more attention like wrinkles and puffy eyes.
- Following are the ingredients suitable for oily skin and can be used in most of the anti aging face packs for oily skin. If you find any face pack runny, just add some oatmeal to make it thick.
- Tea Tree Oil
- Oat meal
However, don’t try every single anti aging face pack for oily skin at the same time. Start with the one you think will be the most suitable for your skin. Use them one by one and stick to any one for a few times. You will soon identify the best bet in a few weeks.