Dry skin! A lot of people suffer from dry skin. Although the cause of dry skin may vary, the common problem that most people with dry skin suffer from is, premature aging signs. Lack of moisture in the skin cells impact the normal functions, it affects the skin elasticity. Skin dryness opens the door to developing aging signs. The key to reverse and reduce the effects of aging signs is daily moisturizing of skin, more so for dry skin. However, you should be very careful in choosing the ingredients you put on your dry skin. One of the most common thing we all do is applying face packs. And when it comes to face packs for dry skin, you must be very careful about what goes into it. But the first question that might come to your mind is, is it worth to use anti aging face packs for dry skin at all!
Is it worth using anti aging face packs for dry skin?
Undoubtedly Yes! But those anti aging face packs that use natural ingredients, and nourish the dull, dry and flaky skin. Why so, you ask? The natural ingredients are free from side effects, thus, they prevent further damage to the dry skin. Ingredients used in face packs must contain moisturizing and healing properties, those that penetrate deep into the skin and nourish it from internally, giving highest benefits to your dry skin.
So, what are the ingredients that you can use in anti aging face packs for dry skin? Here are some recipes for face packs that use the magical ingredients for dry skin and makes anti aging a reality for you!
Anti Aging Face Packs for Dry Skin
1. Brown Sugar and Honey – Exfoliating Face Pack for Dry Skin
Exfoliating skin regularly is the most important one among all the anti aging beauty tips. However, it is too tricky to choose the right exfoliating agent or scrub for dry skin. Using salt or sugar is not recommended as it might increase the irritation to the dry skin. Yet, if you don’t remove dead cells, it might aggravate aging signs. Therefore, you must use a soothing exfoliating face pack cum scrub to remove the dead cells from your dry skin. Use brown sugar in place of sugar.
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon honey (Equal quantity)
How to use it
- Mix brown sugar and honey
- Wash your face with running water
- Apply the pack on your face and gently rub the skin (except eye areas)
- Let it stay for 15 to 20 minutes
- Apply a wet towel on face and remove the scrub
- Wash the face with running water or cold water
- Apply moisturizer or any oil to your skin
2. Aloe Vera Face Pack for Dry Skin- Soothing and healing Mask
No wrinkles, improved elasticity, soft, firmer and radiant skin, that’s what you get when you use aloe vera for dry skin.
It is a simple small plant that comes as natural gift to defy your age. In fact, you can use aloe vera for wrinkles and remove them effectively as using aloe vera to reverse aging signs has been scientifically proved. It is an ultimate anti aging plant and highly effective to use on dry skin. Aloe vera does all this:
- Repairs the skin damages like burns, scars, acne and wounds
- Aids in building collagen
- Improve the visible aging signs like wrinkles and dry patchy skin
Aloe vera gel mostly contains water! Yes, it has 96 % water but is sealed with more than 200 phyto-nutrients, something you can find rarely in other ingredient.
The plant just needs a lot of sunlight and a little amount of water to grow, which provide you the cheapest yet precious anti aging therapy at home! So, how to make anti aging face pack for dry skin using aloe vera? Here, it is:
- 3 to 5 teaspoons fresh aloe vera gel (Scoop out the gel before you prepare the face pack)
- A few drops of rose water (If you have tiny spots on your face, add rose water to diminish the spots)
- Any choice of essential oil (recommended lavender essential oil to enhance the soothing effect)
How to use it
- The gel may have uneven consistency. Just blend it to enable easy application.
- Mix all ingredients together and blend it well
- Apply it on clean face and let it stay for 20 to 30 minutes
You can apply the fresh aloe gel without any additional ingredients too.
A few pointers to note when you use aloe vera for anti aging
- Rub the inner rind of the leaves on your face and skin for the extra hydrating effect.
- Aloe vera can be used as a solo ingredient to create anti aging face pack
- Daily application of aloe gel face pack transforms the way you look in 90 days, leaving no traces of aging (According to research and report from Annals of Dermatology, 2009)
Coconut Milk Anti Aging Face Packs for Dry Skin
Wholesome anti aging regime
Coconut milk is a healthy and nutritious drink! Well, it is packed with anti aging benefits too. It is one of the soothing ingredients that come with a lot of hidden benefits. Certainly, it makes wonders on dry skin.
You can use coconut milk as a
- Carrier to scrub or exfoliate the dry skin
- Moisturizer (contains excellent moisturizing properties)
- Wrinkle eraser
- Simple remedy to remove sun burns and pigmentation
But don’t buy the coconut milk from market, make it at home using fresh coconut. This way, you’ll get the maximum benefit.
How to make coconut milk at home
- Scrape the fresh coconut
- Grind it (if needed, add a few drops of water)
- Extract the thick milk (don’t make it too runny, otherwise you won’t be able to apply it on face)
Now use this coconut milk to make various face packs for dry skin.
3. Coconut milk and honey – Cleansing cum Moisturizing Face Pack
That’s a very simple combo to deep cleanse your dry skin and make it soft, supple and firm.
- Take equal parts of coconut milk and honey, mix it well and apply on clean face.
- Wash with cold water after 20 to 30 minutes
4. Coconut milk and rice flour face scrub – Remove dead cells without damaging the dry skin
You should exfoliate the skin twice a week to remove dead skin cells, which enables growth of healthy and fresh cells. Since dry skin is susceptible to many exfoliating ingredients, use coconut milk as savior and use it with rice flour.
Have you ever used rice batter as facial scrub? Well, it makes very soft and gentle scrub to exfoliate the skin and remove all dead cells in a jiffy. Here, we are using rice flour with coconut milk to give extra smoothness to the dry skin.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup Rice flour (powder the rice in a mixer)
How to use it
- Mix both ingredients together
- Apply it on face
- Gently massage the face in circular motion
- Let it stay for 20 to 30 minutes
- Wash the face with cold water
5. Coconut milk and almond mask for age spots and dark complexion
Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which makes the dry skin firm and smooth with added radiance.
- Soak 10 to 12 almonds in coconut milk for a few hours.
- Grind it into a fine paste and apply on face
- Wash the face after 30 minutes
- It will give instant brightness to your dry dull face
If your skin is extremely dry, you can add a few drops of vitamin E oil too.
Cucumber Anti Aging Face Packs for Dry Skin
Refreshment, nourishment, hydration, cool and soothing! And all these terms can be collectively placed under a single name, cucumber. Cucumber is by far one of the best hydrating skincare ingredients to use on dry skin. It is a very common practice to apply a cucumber slice on dull eyes! The cooling properties beat the tiredness, tightens the skin and reduces under eye bags as well as dark circles.
Placing a piece of cucumber on your eyes make you feel like as if you have placed an ice cube or a chilled cloth over your eyes! It is so refreshing. So, why not use it for dry skin as well.
Cucumber is the best answer for many aging problems. Following are a few simple face packs that reverse most of the visible signs of aging in a dry skin.
Cucumber is also a rich source of vitamin C (we bet most of you were not aware)! Add a few slices of cucumber to your anti aging face packs to get that extra dose of vitamin C!
How to use cucumber in face pack
Make sure the cucumber is fresh
- Peel the skin and chop the flesh into small pieces / scrape / slice / grate it
- Grind the pulpy part to get the thick consistency (which enables easy application on face)
6. Plain Cucumber Mask for dry skin
- Apply the cucumber paste on face and relax. (You will feel like you are covered with snow!)
- You can add a choice of essential oil
- Let it stay for 30 minutes and wash the face
7. Cucumber and Potato Face Pack
Have we found a person who doesn’t love potatoes!?
Potatoes, the staple of every home makes a pretty effective anti aging ingredient. Potato is known for its skin lightening properties. It is an anti-inflammatory ingredient. It reduces the puffy face and baggy eyes. Potatoes can do the following:
- Gives instant firmness to skin
- Reduces the effects of sun damages
- is loaded with anti oxidants (that’s a real surprise)
You can use potato along with a carrier to fight away the first signs of aging. Cucumber makes the best bet to reap the benefits of potatoes.
- 2 part cucumber
- 1 part potatoes
- Essential oil (optional)- 2-3 drops (You will get a slightly muddy aroma from potatoes, so you can add lavender oil or rose oil to make it aromatic)
How to use it
- Grate the potatoes and blend with cucumber
- The face pack will be slightly coarse
- Apply the pack on clean face and let it dry for 15 to 20 minutes
Here are a few more simple anti aging face packs with cucumber
Just add the extra ingredient when you grind cucumber
- Cucumber and Mint Face Pack – Improves the skin texture and makes it glow
- Cucumber and rice flour – Yet another hydrating exfoliating face pack for aging skin
- Cucumber and yogurt – Moisturizes and makes the skin clear
Anti Oxidant Rich Face Packs for Dry Skin
Fruits and some vegetables are loaded with all those essential nutrients required by your body to fight away the aging signs and stay younger even in your 40s and 50s. Why don’t you apply those age defying fruits and veggies on your face to battle away the aging signs? Besides, most of the fruits carry intense hydrating properties. It is something totally required by dry skin, which is damaged more by aging signs.
Dry skin people are prone to premature aging signs! Using these fruit packs prevents you from falling prey to unappealing signs of aging even when you are young.
Pamper your dry skin with juicy fruits to reverse the aging sings in a jiffy! Let your skin enjoy the delicious fruits through fruit face packs and defy age for years.
8. Peach and Milk face pack
Moisturize and whiten the skin
Peach is a beautiful color, as so is the fruit! It is the beauty fruit that not only tastes yummy, but is also loaded with skin nourishing properties. Make your own anti aging face pack that keeps the dry skin hydrated even in extreme climates. As a bonus, it also improves your skin complexion! Well, upon regular usage, you can reverse the signs of aging in a few weeks.
- 1 or 2 ripe peach
- 1 cup milk or milk cream
- 2 to 4 teaspoons honey
- Any essential oil
How to use it
- Peel the skin of the fruit
- Put all ingredients together in a blender and mix it well
- You will get a creamy consistency of the face pack
- Apply the face pack on your dry skin for 30 minutes
- Wash with cold water
Get the peachy pink glow on your super soft skin!
9. Carrot and Honey Face Pack for Dull, Dry and Aging Skin
An anti-wrinkle face-pack to get the healthy glow
Carrots can be synonymously referred to healthy skin. Carrots are full of antioxidants, vitamin A and beta carotene, which are essential for healthy, flawless and younger skin. Although carrots work great on all skin types, it is more beneficial to dry skin in addressing aging signs.
- The antioxidants reduce the impact of aging sigs and slow down the process of aging
- Enhances the speed of skin renewal and regeneration process (Skin repairs itself at night)
- Helps retain the moisture content in the skin
- Heals wounds, reduces acne scars and aids resorting the natural skin tone / texture
- One medium sized carrot
- 2 to 4 teaspoons honey
Since carrots need a binding ingredient to create a fluffy mask, you can add honey. Alternatively, you can also add milk cream or rose water.
How to use it
You can prepare carrot face pack in two ways.
- Make a paste of carrots. For this,
- grate the carrot or grind it into a coarse paste (It’s not possible to grind carrots into fine paste)
- boil the carrot and mash it (the first way is preferred though, raw carrots have more nutrition than cooked ones)
- Add honey to the carrot paste and apply it on face.
- Let it stay for 20 minutes.
- Wash the skin with cold water.
Enhance the effects of anti aging carrot face mask by adding a few drops of carrot seed essential oil.
10. Avocado and Rosewater – Dab to Fab Skin
Slow down the aging signs dramatically and halt aging!
The beauty of avocado is, it can restore the elasticity and improve the texture even in case of extremely dry skin. Being full of healthy fats and antioxidants (but carries very light texture) it can reach the in-depth layers of the skin and repairs from inside out.
Known as ‘Butter fruit’, avocado makes your skin look and feel like butter! Soft, smooth, radiant and flawless texture with a glossy tone can be achieved upon regular application of avocado!
- 1 Avocado fruit (ripe)
- Rose water – desired quantity
How to use it
- Scoop the buttery part of the fruit (except the skin and seed)
- Add rose water to the fruit pulp and blend it well (You can use a hand blender or mixer)
- Apply the pack on clean face and let it dry for 20 minutes
- Wash the skin with cold water
11. Grapes Face Pack – An Anti Wrinkle Therapy for Dry Skin
Next to pomegranates, grapes contain a lot of antioxidants. Have you ever tried or heard about using grapes as face pack?
Grapes contain alpha hydroxyl acids, which gives gentle exfoliation (something invisible to naked eyes) to the dry skin. Well, try to squeeze the grape juice and apply on wrinkled area. You can find mild improvement and it erases the visible wrinkles to some extent, in a single application. Use it regularly and get rid of the oxidative damages to the skin.
- A bunch of grapes (either green or brown- ensure to wash the grapes before you use them)
- A few teaspoons of honey
How to use it
- You don’t need to make it like a paste. You can squeeze the juice by hand and roughly mash it. Still, if you want the goodness of paste on your dry skin allover face, grind it.
- Mix honey with the grape extract and apply on face.
- Wash the face after 20 minutes.
12. Papaya Face Pack to Erase Age Spots
Lighten up and brighten up
Papaya is one of the rich sources of vitamin A and contains a lot of enzymes for skin health and overall wellbeing. An enzyme called ‘papain’ aids in removal of age spots with no traces of blemishes on skin. It also removes the sun tan, uneven skin tone and improves the overall complexion of the skin.
- 1 cup ripe papaya pieces
- A few drops of glycerin (or honey) to enhance the moisturizing effect
You can use plain papaya for face pack or add yogurt / milk cream as additional ingredient.
How to use it
- Mash the papaya and blend it well (If the pulp is harder, grind it by adding a few drops of water)
- Add glycerin or honey and mix it
- Apply on face
- Wash it after 20 to 30 minutes
13. Green Tea Face Pack for Dry Skin
Let your skin absorb the goodness of the green tea directly! Drinking green tea provides wondrous health benefits. The high concentration of antioxidants fight off free radicals which prevents developing premature aging signs. If you don’t like to drink green tea, don’t bother. Apply it on face.
- 2 teaspoons green tea leaves (no more than 2 teaspoons)
- Rose water / glycerin
How to use it
- Mix green tea leaves with rose water or glycerin
- Apply a layer of rose water or glycerin on your skin
- Now apply the face pack and let it stay for 15 minutes
- Wash with cold water and apply moisturizing lotion / almond oil
14. Beetroot Face Pack for Dry Aging Skin
Skin Whitening and Uplifting Therapy
It is uncommon to use beetroot on facial skin or as a face pack. Commonly consumed in form of juice and salads, beetroot is a natural detox and nourishes your whole body. Well, the healing nutrients of beetroot improves the skin complexion, uplifts the skin and rejuvenates the dull dry skin. It also whitens the skin as well as reduces blemishes, spots and uneven skin tone.
- 1 medium sized beetroot
How to use it
The method to make beetroot face pack is similar to carrots.
- Grate it and make it into a coarse paste.
- Mix honey and apply on face.
- Stay put for 15-20 minutes
- Wash off and apply moisturizer
Apart from the above face packs for dry skin, you can also use certain oils and other ingredients that give anti aging effects to dry skin. The next section talks about such ingredients for dry skin that you can use in the face packs as well.
Staple Ingredients you can use in anti aging face packs for dry skin
Moisturizing is the crucial element to various face packs meant for dry skin so that they may reverse anti aging signs even from dry skin. There are a few ingredients that you can use commonly in most of the anti aging face packs for dry skin, and they can be called staples for dry skin face packs.
Rose water acts as a soothing cleanser and toner for the dry and irritated skin. Being very light, it is quickly absorbed into the skin and reduces the skin dryness. It opens the clogged pores and let the skin breathe. You can add a few drops of rose water to the anti aging face packs for dry skin to make them more effective.
Honey is the one stop shop for all skin types. Be it a sensitive skin or acne prone skin or oily skin, honey can be used literally on all types of skin, even in the face packs for oily skin. Oh, you forgot dry skin! The mildly dense nectar can make wonders on dry skin. Just lather a few teaspoons of honey on your dry skin. The deep cleansing and moisturizing properties of honey soothes the irritated skin, reduces the skin dryness and locks in the moisture for a longer period.
Olive oil is one of the staple oils used in cooking but you can as well use it for your beauty routines. Whether you consume it internally or apply topically, it does wonders to your skin. It is a magical oil that decelerates your aging, from inside out. In fact, it is recommended over other vegetable oils in cooking. The richness of omega 3 fatty acids with an ability to retain the moisture for a longer time, olive oil makes the ideal addition to the anti aging face packs for dry skin.
Almond oil is non greasy oil packed with Vitamin E. The innumerable age defying components along with hydrating properties make it very effective to reduce aging signs on dry skin.
Essential Oils for dry skin
Using essential oils on skin can literally stop aging for decades. Yes, it is undoubtedly a boon to many who live a hectic life and unable to take care of their skin care routine. High quality essential oils carry intensely nourishing benefits to skin. Each variety of essential oil caters to different needs of the skin. For instance, lavender oil soothes the irritated skin; sweet almond oil regenerates the elasticity of the skin; tea tree oil is rich in antiseptic properties; and it goes on.
Following is the brief list of essential oils along with their healing properties you can add to anti aging face packs for dry skin.
Sweet Almond Oil
- Abundant in Vitamin E and Vitamin K
- Regenerates the elasticity of skin
- Improves blood circulation
- Forms an oily layer on the top most layer of the skin, which traps moisture in the skin cells
- Antioxidants and trace elements slow down the aging signs
- Stimulates collagen synthesis
- Repairs the broken capillaries of the skin, which in turn takes care of the damages and replenish the skin
- Enhances your skin tone and texture
- Most effective anti aging ingredient for dry skin
- Loaded with fatty acids that reverse aging signs
- Soothes the irritated, flaky and scarred skin
- Fades away wrinkles, fine lines, scars and spots on dry skin
- Improves even the deep and dark spots to help you get rid of age spots
- Uplifts the saggy skin
- Reduces the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines in a short time
- Lightens the dark / uneven skin tone, age spots and scars
- Erases the visible imperfections on the skin and make the skin appear soft and smooth
Pomegranate Seed Oil
- Contains highest concentration of antioxidants (the powerhouse of nutrients)
- Regenerates your skin cells and tissues, repairs the damages from inside
If you struggle too hard with your wrinkles, dry patches, sagginess and extremely dull skin, add a few drops of any choice of essential oil to your anti aging face pack for dry skin. Your skin will thank you for the extra nourishing effect.
Since most of the anti aging face packs for dry skin use moisturizing ingredients, adding about 2 to 4 drops of essential oil is sufficient. Besides, it is recommended not to overuse essential oils.
Say ‘No’ to Tea Tree Oil
Do not to use tea tree oil on dry skin. It is very strong when compared with other essential oils though it comes with numerous healing properties for skin. But it makes dry skin even drier. Just avoid using tea tree oil in your face packs to prevent further damage to dry skin.
A few tips to delay aging in dry skin
As said early, dry skin is caused by many factors. In addition to trying the aforementioned face packs for anti aging, consider the following to improve your dry skin health.
- Make sure to drink enough water and adequate liquids to stay hydrated from inside out.
- Add more antioxidant rich foods in your diet to enhance the skin health and fight the free radicals that cause aging signs.
- Except for the anti aging face packs that use aloe vera and cucumber, apply any moisturizer after removing the face pack.
- Don’t go out in the sun without covering your face, it aggravates aging sign in dry skin, in fact, in all skin types but its more damaging for dry skin.
When you follow these tips and apply the highly moisturizing anti aging face packs for dry skin, you will no longer need to look for anything else to get a glowing radiant supple and soft face!