Everyone wishes to look radiant and young, isn’t it? In the zeal of looking younger, a lot of people turn to Botox these days. However, there is plenty of evidence of Botox treatments gone horribly wrong. So does that mean that there is no other magic potion to give you that radiant and young look? Well, of course there is! Forget Botox and expensive creams, and instead try rustling up a soup from your Sunday leftover roast! The broth made from the bones of a beef joint or the leg of lambs is one of the amazing anti-aging treatments that you can give yourself.
Is Bone Broth a better option than Botox?
Botox is, in fact, an inappropriate treatment for wrinkles, because wrinkles are not caused by muscle contractions. In fact, wrinkles occur when the collagen in your skin breaks down as you age. When collagen breaks down, the skin tends to become thinner and wrinkles form. So to get rid of wrinkles, the collagen levels need to be increased. Applying collagen creams do not seem to work quite well, because the skin with age becomes inferior at absorbing it.
Natural Source of Collagen- Bone Broth
Collagen is found in the skin, joints, and bones of animals raised on pastures. When you cook down bones, the collagen breaks down, so that it is easily digestible. Cooked form of collagen is known as gelatin. Drinking lots of bone broth supplies your body with the much needed collagen which prevents wrinkles and other signs of aging.
Bone Broth Benefits for Anti Aging
Bone broth is packed with the following anti-aging nutrients:
- Collagen: Collagen is responsible for building strong skin, prevents wrinkling and aging. While the expensive collagen skin creams have a temporary effect, dietary collagen is far more effective because it directly supplies collagen to your cells. Additionally, the gelatin which is derived from collagen heals your digestive tract, and prevents inflammation which leads to aging.
- Glycine: All day long our body is bombarded with toxins which lead to aging. Glycine aids your liver to flush these toxins out of your body, re-energize, and de-age your cells.
- Minerals: Minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and phosphorus are found in bone broth. The chemical composition of bones makes them highly bio-available.
- Glycosaminoglycans: Glycosaminoglycans such as glucosamine, hyaluronic acid, and chondroitin help in keeping your joints flexible and young.
- Iodine: Fish bone broth is especially rich in iodine. Iodine protects against thyroid issues that are a major cause of weight gain and other health related issues.
Bone broth is rich and soul-satisfying and it fills you up, and warms you down, so that you are not tempted to overeat or snack on junk, which is one of the primary causes of aging these days.
All in all bone broth reverses signs of aging better than any pill, powder, or serum. Unlike expensive creams and Botox treatments, bone broth costs next to nothing. So you must give it a try, and see its effects. Drink at least a cup of bone broth every day, and that’s your anti-aging prescription.