Can juices be anti aging? Why not! When fruits and vegetables are loaded with antioxidants, why can’t we have anti aging juices!
Growing old is unstoppable and irreversible. However, it is not necessary to grow old showing up all those signs that shout ‘yeah, I’m getting older, look at my wrinkles, my grey hair, my saggy skin!’
Does that sound scary?
The truth is, nobody wants to look older, even in their 60s or 70s. Yes, most of us make strenuous efforts to mask the aging signs. We simply desire to slow down the aging process. In these efforts, you can include a small change in your diet, by adding anti aging juices to your daily diet.
Changing the diet, incorporating more fruits and veggies in our daily meals to meet the nutritional requirements of our body (and skin!), modifying lifestyle, are some of the essential steps that we can take to delay aging.
If you are too busy to alter your schedule so as to reverse your aging signs, just think about adding a glass of anti aging juice in your diet. This is about anti aging therapy with juice recipes!
Juicing is a delicious way to add more veggies and fruits to your diet. Skin is the largest and the most sensitive organ in your body. It needs a little more care from you. Skin tells you about the first signs that scream, something isn’t well in your body. You can pamper your skin and body with fruits and veggies as well as their juices to get that so desired wellness and of course, youthfulness!
- Juicing the fruits and veggies isn’t really too hard. In fact, it saves more time than preparing a salad.
- It is easy to make and drink juices.
- Juicing is also the best way to get the much needed nutrients. Juicing gives you the nutrients instantly.
- It is easily digestible. Even if you don’t like to eat certain fruits (which are unfortunately healthy) you can easily drink them in juice form.
Don’t waste your money on anti aging skincare products or anti aging cosmetic treatments. Spend less than 30% of the money you shell out for cosmetics on fruits and veggies. It is not just economical, but also improves your health by feeding the nutrients you missed.
Anti Aging Juice Recipes
Following are some of the simple yet most powerful anti aging juice recipes.
1. Carrot Juice – Anti Aging Treasure unfolds
So, when it comes to skin, thinking about carrot juice as the best anti aging juice is no-brainer. Skin health literally goes manifold with carrots! The loads of beta-carotene in carrots are reservoir of antioxidants. It fights of free radicals that are responsible for cell damage done to your body by regular metabolism. It really slows down the aging of your body cells.
ABC Juice – The Miracle Anti Aging Juice
ABC Juice, can be literally stamped as the Miracle Juice that can bring back the lost charm and your health!
- A for Apple
- B for Beetroot
- C for Carrot
Well, that explains ABC.
Apple – The sweet fruit is loaded with lots of enzymes. Quercetin is the major element having rejuvenating effects on the cells and tissues. It is directly connected with liver cells and promotes liver functions (liver is related to ski, diseases of the liver are depicted through skin). When you tone liver, it improves your skin and makes it flawless.
Carrots – The partner for good skin health, loaded with beta carotene, many other antioxidants, and micro nutrients, carrot is exclusively meant for supporting healthy youthful skin.
Beetroot – Powerhouse of minerals, beetroots are loaded with antioxidants, carotenoids, folate, fiber, iron, manganese, potassium and Vitamin C. this amazingly colored vegetable not only rejuvenates your skin but is also good for your eyes, brain and heart. You feel energetic when you consume beet.
It is also called ‘Vitamin Booster’, but there is a lot more than the packed vitamins.
Combination of ABC gives you all essential nutrients your body craves for. There are claims that this miracle anti aging juicing recipe (without use of additional ingredients) kills even cancer cells.
ABC Miracle Anti Aging Juice Recipe
- One apple
- One medium sized beetroot
- One carrot
- ½ Glass water
Just juice them up and the miracle of health and beauty is ready! Don’t take it as bragging. You have to try it to experience it.
If you don’t have a juicer, grate the fruits and veggies and juice it in a mixer, sieve it and drink it up. Otherwise, you can cut them into small pieces. (Use apple with skin).
The key to make the most of the ABC juice is to drink it immediately after juicing. The juice is best to drink without mixing any additional ingredients.
Experience the real miraculous transformation in the way you look and the way you feel.
2. Pineapple Juice – Nourish your Aging Cells and Tissues
(Kick your Metabolism as a Bonus)
Pineapple is one of the most overlooked fruits, it has a lot of nutrients that are rarely found in other fruits. It is the powerhouse of vitamins, loaded with antioxidants, copper and manganese and several enzymes. The enzymes and minerals in pineapple regulate the hormonal functions. Pineapple makes the best ingredient for the anti aging juice recipes.
One of the lesser known benefits of pineapple juice is, its effects on eyes. Pineapple juice addresses all problems related to eyes, both internally and externally! Yes, it improves your vision as well as replenishes the eye health from internally. At the same time, it also reduces the puffiness of eyes, wrinkles around eyes as well as dark circles.
- Rich source of vitamins and minerals
- Prevents free radicals
- Supports growth of healthy cells from head to toe
- Enhances collagen synthesis, which improves the appearance of aging skin.
- It is a digestive aid, which cleanses the stomach and removes toxins.
- Reverse the damages caused due to sun exposure
- Supports cardiovascular health and joint health
Always choose ripened pineapple fruit, the one which is clearly identified by the beautiful aroma.
Pineapple Anti Aging Juicing Recipe
The recipe is very simple and clear. Of course, the tough thing is removing the fibrous pulp from the rough skin. Chop the pineapple pulp and juice it.
- 1 or 2 cups of finely chopped pineapple chunks
- ½ cup water
- 2 or 3 teaspoons of honey
Blend pineapple in a juicer or mixer. Extract the juice, add honey and consume immediately.
Pineapple juice is best consumed without mixing any additional ingredients. Honey too, is optional. Sometimes the flavor of pineapple juice may be mildly sharp. So, you can add a few pieces of cantaloupe (rich in Vitamin A) or papaya (vitamin A + loaded with enzymes) to reduce the sharp flavor. However, it is purely optional. If you can relish the sharp flavor of this anti aging juice, nothing like that!
3. Pomegranate Juice – Defy Age with the Queen of Anti Aging Fruits
Pomegranate is a super fruit, rather a super food. Packed with nutrients and antioxidants, the little red pearls can make you look younger and healthier for decades.
The powerhouse of nutrients directly fights against the free radicals that affect your DNA. Yes, pomegranate pearls can reverse the aging signs from your DNA. According to the Journal of Ethnopharmacology, the Keratin Cells called Keratinocytes account for younger and healthier skin. Pomegranates treasure these active compounds that stimulate the production of collagen and maintain the volume of your skin as well improve the skin tone.
Punicic acid is another active compound in pomegranate which rehydrates the cells and tissues, both internally and externally. It prevents loss of moisture in skin, which provides a more plump, soft and younger looking skin.
- It boosts your immune system (anti aging is not just about how you look, it is also about how healthy you are and how your organs function, since aging affects the whole system including organs.)
- It is an anti-inflammatory fruits, which can reduce cell and tissue inflammation
- It eventually fades away the wrinkles and rejuvenates the overall skin texture as well as tone the skin. When the skin is rejuvenated from inside, it also reduces age spots.
- It also regulates the uterus health
- Supports growth of white blood cells
Pomegranate anti aging juice recipe
- 1 medium sized pomegranate
- ½ cup water
- 1 tsp palm sugar (optional)
- few mint leaves (again, optional)
- Extract the pearls from one medium sized pomegranate.
- Add ½ cup of water to the pearls and juice it.
- Don’t strain the juice, but make sure that the seeds are fully grinded.
- Add one or two teaspoons of palm sugar or powdered palm candy (the juice tastes great when you add the sweetness of natural palm)
- To get a refreshing flavor, you may chop a few mint leaves and put it into your juice.
You feel full when you have a glass of pomegranate juice and it energizes you a lot. You can have it as a part of breakfast too.
If you are not comfortable with palm sugar, drink the plain pomegranate juice without adding any other ingredients, it’s beneficial in itself!. It is one of the delicious anti aging juice recipes you would love to drink every day.
Drink pomegranate juice continuously for a minimum of 30 days, you would see a different you in the mirror!
4. Watermelon Anti Aging Juice – Refreshing Detox to Battle Away Premature Signs of Aging
One of the major causes of aging and developing aging signs is accumulation of toxins. When your body is unable to expel the toxins and wastes from the body, it impacts your skin and affects your appearance.
Accumulation of toxins is like unfiltered or muddy water. Water becomes pure only when you remove the dirt and debris.
Detox is essential to boost the skin health and functions of body cells and tissues. The summer cooler, watermelon is actually a natural detox fruit which can rejuvenate and nourish your body from inside out.
Don’t throw away the white part of the watermelon while making your anti aging juice with the fruit, it is two times more powerful than the red part. Watermelon rind acts as a trained scavenger to get rid of free radicals.
Here is what a watermelon can do to you:
- Regulates blood pressure
- support cardiovascular health
- reverses the effects of oxidative stress on skin cells, it’s packed with antioxidants
- Reverses the sun related damages (to get this effect, add white part of the fruit into your juice)
- Enables managing the moisture balance in joints which promotes joint health
- helps you in your weight loss efforts, it’s a very low calorie drink
Here is the delicious and healthy watermelon anti aging juicing recipe for a refreshing detox.
Watermelon Juicing Recipe (with Ginger)
- 2 cups of watermelon cubes (with the white part, read above to know why!)
- A small piece of fresh ginger (remove the skin and dice it, it’s anti-inflammatory)
- Honey / Palm sugar to enhance the sweetness (optional)
- Fresh mint leaves (as topping)
Add all ingredients except mint leaves and juice it. Add mint leaves, drink it fresh / chilled.
You may also grate or dice the rind of watermelon and sprinkle it on top of the juice. The crunchy and juicy rind tastes exotic when mixed with the refreshing watermelon and ginger juice.
Ginger is a natural digestive aid, which addresses all the digestive problems. The flavor and aroma of ginger gives a sweet and zesty punch to the watermelon anti aging juice.
5. Beetroot Juice – Replenish with the Uncommon Anti Aging Benefits
Beetroot is one of the super foods that can make you age in reverse. Even a 50 year old can reverse the aging signs effortlessly by drinking beetroot juice.
Beetroot helps in formation of fresh and healthy blood cells, regulates circulation and enhances the blood count platelets in the body. The growth of fresh red blood cells replenishes the dull, dry and wrinkled skin.
All these are well known facts about beetroot.
The lesser known face of beetroot juice include:
- Betalain – One of the very powerful antioxidants in beetroot, acts as an anti-inflammatory element (reduces the facial swelling and water retention in the body)
- Beets have betacyanin, the chemical that gives it the deep red color. It helps detox the entire digestive system. It’s also very high in folic acid, manganese, magnesium, sulfur, choline and copper.
- Regenerates the skin with its vitamin A reserves.
- The carotenoids in beets help fight age-related macular degeneration and thus keep your eyes and vision strong.
Beetroot Anti Aging Juice Recipe
- 1 medium sized beetroot
- 1 pinch of ginger powder or paste (optional, but adding ginger reduces the muddy flavor of the beetroot juice)
- 1 /2 cup water
- Peel the beetroot skin and grate it.
- Add all ingredients to the blender and juice it.
- You can drink it daily.
When you buy beets, don’t throw away the greens of the root vegetable. The green leaves of the beets also contain most of the nutrients of beets. Cook it, juice it or include in salad.
6. Tomato Juice – Revive your Natural Skin Glow with no Traces of Sun Damage
Sun exposure is rather inevitable in today’s time, but it may affect your skin badly. How much is too much? Nobody knows. Sun damages make you look terrible! To be on a safer side, it is recommended to use sunscreen and sun block. Well, you can build the natural sunscreen from internally, just with tomatoes. How cool is that?
One of the most sought after advantages of using tomatoes is the ability to prevent as well as reverse sun damages. As you might be knowing, sun damage is one of the major causes of premature aging of skin.
Why tomatoes for anti aging juice, here are the reasons:
- Tomatoes soothe the sunburn and reverses the damages done by sunrays.
- reduces scars, shrinks the pores and treats acne (many of you might be fighting with age related acne!)
- revives your natural glow
- They are cheap and available throughout the year (well, in most of the places!)
Tomato Anti Aging Juice Recipe
- 2 or 3 medium sized tomatoes
- ½ cup water
- Pepper powder or palm sugar (make it spicy or sweet)
Mix them all together and juice it. You can consume it during any time of the day, as a part of your meal too.
Green Juices for Anti Aging – Look a Decade Younger than Your Age
When it comes to anti aging juice recipes, many of us can’t help thinking about green juices. Green Juices contain more antioxidants, even more than fresh fruit juices. Why? Here’s why!
Chlorophyll – The Key Element
Chlorophyll is one of the major elements that make green juices stand-out as the best anti aging juices to drink. If you recall what you studied in your school, you could relate chlorophyll to green color. It is the pigment that gives green shades to the plants and vegetables. But what is more important to know is that chlorophyll is a powerful detox agent. It can quickly eliminate the toxins accumulated even from environmental pollution, that you live with since months and years. Besides, it also acts as a security guard inside your body and inhibits absorption and deposits of toxins. As a result, you get clear, flawless and radiant skin, without a hint of any spots or damage.
In addition, chlorophyll also balances the pH level in your body, which is a crucial element for healthy skin. Green juices also contain Vitamins that your skin require so badly.
You should admit that green anti aging juices may not taste delicious like anti aging fruit juices and fruit combos. But if you want to delay aging and look younger than your age, just compromise on the flavor! In fact, you can add certain healthy ingredients to make the green juices flavorful.
Following are some of the best anti aging green juice recipes you can try.
Cucumber Anti aging juice recipes – One Stop Shop to erase the Aging Signs
Cucumber! It is a wonder vegetable. Packed with B vitamins and micro nutrients, cucumber is one of the most powerful ingredients that can reduce swelling, both topically and internally.
Eating a few pieces of cucumber everyday regulates digestion, reduces water retention, prevents bloating, hydrates your skin cells and tissues, prevents dehydration and iron out wrinkles and fine lines of the skin.
Another major benefit of using cucumber in anti aging juice recipes is, it is low in calories. It gives a fuller feeling without boosting your caloric intake.
Here’s why cucumber juice is an excellent anti aging juice:
- Cucumber eliminates toxins and reduces cellulite.
- It provides a naturally glowing skin by hydrating it.
- delays aging signs, makes the skin supple and radiant, thanks to all its minerals, vitamins and other nutrients
- prevents skin dryness due to high water content
- controls excessive production of sebum, which in turn controls aggravation of acne
Cucumber is a versatile veggie and can be included in any anti aging juice recipes. Here is an exclusive anti aging juice recipe of cucumber and lemon with a gingery flavor.
7. Cucumber Lemon and Ginger Juice Recipe
- 2 cups of roughly chopped cucumbers
- Lemon juice extracted from one medium sized lemon
- Grated lemon rind (optional and only if you use fully ripe lemon)
- A pinch of salt to enhance the flavor
- A small piece of crushed ginger
- Palm sugar or honey to sweeten the drink
- Water, if required
- Cilantro and mint for extra freshness (Optional)
- Juice the cucumber with ginger and you will get a thick pulpy paste. Add the other ingredients one by one -lemon juice, salt, natural sweetener if using,
- Add water if requiired, to get the desired consistency.
- Garnish with cilantro or mint leaves, or both!
- Have the anti aging juice chilled.
Save a few tiny chunks of cucumber and sprinkle with cilantro and mint leaves on top of the juice to get that crunchy texture.
Drink it continuously for 5 or 6 days before mid day meals. You will be surprised to notice the glow in your skin. As an additional benefit, it also reduces puffiness of the face (bye bye baggy eyes) and of course, the bloated / heavy belly.
8. Cucumber and Kale Anti Aging Juice – Stay youthful for years
Kale is the nutrient dense dark leafy vegetable packed with anti aging properties. Of course, not everyone loves kale. Still, try to drink it for your beauty and to defy your age.
Kale is one of the very few greens that contains almost all essential nutrients every individual requires, plus a few micro nutrients too.
- 1 cup kale
- 1 cup of cucumber
- 1 apple (optional, but recommended)
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
- 1 inch piece of peeled ginger (optional again)
- Take all ingredients together and juice them.
- It is somewhat hard to mask the bitter flavor of kale. So, you can add honey to sweeten the juice and ginger to give extra punch to the juice.
- Consume the juice as soon as the juice is prepared.
Green leaves lose about 50 % nutrients when they are cooked. The best way to eat the healthy greens in raw form is to juice them up!
9. Cucumber and Spinach Anti Aging Juice – Revitalize your Beauty
If you are not a lover of green juices, skip using kale. Instead of Kale, you can also use Spinach. Spinach is also known as the powerhouse of nutrients in the green family.
Apples, carrots and beetroots make best partners for anti aging juice recipes that use greens. Add any one ingredient.
- 1 cup properly washed and chopped spinach leaves
- 1 apple, carrot or beetroot
- 1-2 tsp honey (optional)
Juice them all together and have it immediately.
10. Bermuda Grass Juice – A Complete Transformation, externally and internally
While we call Pomegranate juice as the queen of anti aging juice recipes, we can call Bermuda Grass juice as the prince of green juices for anti aging.
Bermuda grass juice aids in cellular level detox! Each and every single cell in the body becomes void of toxins! Just think how you will look and feel with fresh and healthy cells!
From improving the physical wellbeing to boosting memory and concentration, from cell detox to immunity boosting, Bermuda grass literally is the one stop ingredient that completely transforms your health for better! Of course, the effects of anti aging are quite commendable!
- It reverses even the stubborn signs of aging like black spots and wrinkled eyes that never improved since years.
- Reduces swelling and water retention
- Improves eye health and make it vivacious without use of makeup!
- Addresses skin fatigue and replenishes the skin cells with chlorophyll filled oxygen
- Cleanses the colon and regulates bowel movements (no more constipation, which opens the door for most of the diseases)
It would be difficult to put up a longer list to list out the benefits of Bermuda grass juice.
Bermuda grass juice recipe
The grass grows everywhere and you can get it for free.
- Take one or two fistful of grass.
- Wash it thoroughly.
- Roughly cut into pieces.
- Put it in a mixer / juicer, add water and juice it.
- Strain the mixture and drink it immediately.
- Wash the grass and boil it with 2 cups of water (the grass should be immersed in water) for 15 minutes before you boil it
- Let it cool down and grind it
- Extract the juice and drink immediately
Add honey if you cannot tolerate the bitter taste of the juice.
Take Bermuda grass juice in the mornings on an empty stomach. Don’t drink more than ½ cup of Bermuda grass juice! Too much of Bermuda juice is unhealthy.
Anti Aging Juice Recipe Tips for Beginners
- Don’t make the juices as you make smoothies. The consistency of the juice should neither be too runny (like water) nor too thick.
- Don’t rush to see the results. It will take a minimum of 3 weeks to notice the changes in your skin and the way you look.
- Do not consume more than 2 or 3 glasses of juice daily.
- If you are beginner, just start with clear juices and use one fruit at a time like watermelon juice, or pomegranate juice and so on. Consume clear juice (which uses only one fruit or veggie like beetroot juice, carrot juice, etc.) daily. If you take vegetable juice or green juice, have it as a part of your meal.
- It is recommended not to drink green juices more than thrice a week (cucumber and ginger juice is exceptional). Have other anti aging juices on other days.
A few more tips about anti aging juice recipes
- Don’t add sugar to the anti aging juice recipes, regardless of the fruit / vegetables you use. Sugar is a major culprit that speeds-up the aging process. Instead of sugar, if you wish to sweeten the juice, add natural sweeteners like honey, palm sugar, palm candy or jaggery.
- Drink the anti aging juices immediately after you prepare it, before the juice loses its freshness and most of its nutrients.
- It is recommended to take the juices without adding ice. If you want refreshing and cool juices, add crushed ice cubes to the fruit pulp while juicing. It gives a balanced flavor. Still better, use chilled fruits to make your anti aging juices. This way, you can avoid using ice.
- Don’t add more than three fruits or veggies together to make the anti aging juices.
- Apple, the sweet fruit literally blends well with all fruits and vegetables. You can use it any of the anti aging juice recipes.
- Ginger is a versatile ingredient. Add a piece of ginger to enhance the flavor of the juice.
Most of the anti aging juices slow down the aging process and reverse the visible signs of aging, from internally. Stop competing with your age through increase in number of wrinkles. Fight your age with the help of the delicious and colorful juices, the anti aging juices!